In addition to providing an important safety function on stairs, handrails (or a top rail) are now a mandatory element for glass balustrades. This government stipulation has been put in place to provide an additional level of safety in the unlikely event that the glass in a balustrade breaks.
To meet this requirement, Maximo supplies a range of hand and top rails to meet your design requirements and provide a seamless continuous look. There are also custom powder-coat finishes available to colour-match your hand and top rails.
- All of our hand and top rails are manufactured from high quality architectural aluminium and conform to NZ Building Code Standard
- Custom powder-coated colours
- Continuous interlinking top rails for a smooth continuous appearance even through non-90˚ angles
- Options to incorporate handrails into the balustrade or as a standalone feature
- Classic, round, ellipse, square or interlinking handrail options